FAWG membership ($30 single, $45 family) entitles members to attend our monthly meetings where you can exchange winemaking tips, hints and experiences with fellow members and sample wines of an extremely wide variety.
Membership entitles you to discounts on various guild activities
and discounts may be had at some of our sponsors' stores,
if you mention FAWG at time of purchase
Members also offer support to fellow members in their winemaking efforts - that second opinion, or bit of advice, can be very helpful when you are stuck there on your own!
We have various activities throughout the year, including:-
- Bus trips to regional wine producing areas including lunch (eg Yarra Valley, Bellarine Peninsula, Gippsland, Mornington Peninsula)
- Annual Wine Show and Winemaking Competition (last weekend in August)
- Fruit and vegetable sourcing, donations and grape purchases at very competitive prices for your next batch of wine
- Guest Speakers - information from commercial winemakers, winery suppliers, accomplished guild members and other areas of interest is made availble exclusively to guild members
- Subsidised annual luncheon and other events at local venues
- Winemaking classes, usually in February
- Competing in and visiting other wineshows (eg Eltham and Wodonga Guilds, Victorian Wines Show)
- Equipment/additives sourcing at competitive prices (eg Novatwist plastic screw cap closures or Diam corks, discount at our sponsors stores if you mention your Guild membership)
- Search Facility - if you have a particular area of winemaking interest; talk to the webmaster and the guild will research your query, making the results available to you and other members